How to Help Us Help You Save Money
Okay … you’ve accepted the fact that a professional steam cleaning company has the equipment, know-how and experience to do a faster and better job than you could ever hope to do yourself.
But how can you save money when using a professional carpet cleaning service?
By helping your carpet cleaner to be more efficient by doing whatever you can to help minimize the time they spend.
What follows is a list of things you can do to help your upholstery and carpet cleaning company get in and get the job done as quickly as possible.
- Make a note of any stains or problem areas that you will need to point out to us when we arrive. This is a good time to see if additional areas need cleaning too. It is cheaper for you to add these areas while we’re there than it is to return to clean them later.
- Pick up any toys or clothes from the floor.
- Any small pieces of furniture such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, etc. that you can remove from the carpet to be cleaned will shorten processing time and return the carpet to normal use sooner.
- Move lamps or other breakables in rooms we’re cleaning.
- For your pets peace of mind, please put them in a safe place where our cleaning will not disturb them.
- Like most steam cleaning companies, we do not move heavy and expensive furniture such as china cabinets, book shelves and entertainment centers, as well as antique and fragile furniture.If you require carpet underneath this type of furniture to be cleaned, you have 2 options:
- Either you will need to remove this furniture from the room before we arrive.
- OR we can hand clean around the base of these items, or even underneath, if there is sufficient room available.
Having a plan for such items and discussing your needs and preferences with us before our preliminary inspection can help save a lot of time!
- You can also save on your carpet cleaning by vacuuming all areas to be cleaned.If you need to move furniture out to vacuum underneath, please place it back exactly where it belongs so as not to cover the traffic area next to, or in front of the furniture that needs to be cleaned. We need to clearly identify high traffic areas during the pre-inspection and that is not possible if you have moved the furniture onto that area. As long as the furniture does not fall into the heavy and expensive class of items previously discussed, we will be happy to move it, clean under it, and then replace it. Also we pre-spray the traffic ways first then move furniture onto that area, this gives the cleaning agents more time to do its work and help insure optimum results!
- Please leave plastic “tabs” and “blocks” under your furniture for 24 hours after cleaning.
- If possible, leave the parking spot closest to your front door open so that we can more easily get our equipment into the house.
- If you need to cancel or move your appointment, please try to give us at least 48 hours notice so that we may refill your appointment time. Most importantly, if there is anything we can do to make this experience a better one for you, please let us know.
As mentioned previously, having a clear plan and discussing it with us before our preliminary inspection can insure we are all “on the same page”, so that everything gets done to your satisfaction.
And anything you can do move furniture out of the way, pre-vacuum, or perform any of the other tips mentioned above will help us do a better job more quickly … and save you money!
In our next post, we’ll provide some tips on getting better results with Do-it-Yourself carpet cleaning.
1702 Tierney Dr, Waunakee, WI 53597
Areas Served: Madison, Fitchburg, Middleton, Verona, Waunakee, Sun Prairie, Dane County